Monday, October 12, 2015

best things i ate/did last week?

(Week of October 5, 2015)

This week I only ate out a couple of times:



  • Firefly for brunch - it was my first time here and apparently brunch was a new thing for them.  Food was generally just ok and service was a bit inconsistent.  The standout were the pretty patio and the french fries!

    Really lovely patio at Firefly
  • Korean BBQ at Genwa - I enjoy Genwa because it's super close to my house, service is always good and they give tons of side dishes which you can get refills on.  However, I've noticed the actual meat quality has declined which is disappointing. 
  • Offvine in West Hollywood - This local restaurant has been around for a long time and back in the day I loved the desserts there.  It's still located in a charming cottage tucked away near Hollywood and Vine.  However the food wasn't  as good as I remembered - the risotto was really just a rice stew of sorts and the souffle was overdone.  At least the service was still quite good.
So the best thing I ate this last week? 



Seafood pancakes made by my mom!  So delicious and dangerous!  I can just keep on snacking on these things filled with shrimp and other yummy goodness! 

As for best things I did this last week?  Very easy choices:

  •  Seinfeld at the Pantages - he still has it!  I laughed throughout the entire show, and as usual, he talked about basically nothing.
 
  • My awesome massage at Larchmont Sanctuary Spa!  See review here.

No comments:

Post a Comment