Monday, October 5, 2015

making boxed brownie mixes better

I am not particularly good at baking but my brownies are usually a hit at parties.  My super easy secret?  





Ghirardelli  Triple Chocolate Mix, which you can get at any supermarket or an extra large package at Costco, and 1 large tablespoon of liqueur.  Some of my favorites are Godiva Chocolate Liqueur or Raspberry Liqueur, but you can choose whatever you fancy.  Just mix up the liquor in with the wet ingredients and follow the brownie mix recipe.  (And the alcohol burns off so children should be able to have these too.)


I tend to like my brownies gooey on the inside so I will usually undercook them.  I believe the recipe calls for 45-50 minutes, so I will usually go between 35-40 minutes.



Other optional tips:
  • Sometimes I might add extra chocolate chips or mix things up a bit with peanut butter or toffee chips.
  • Add some nuts.  I prefer almonds or walnuts.
  • Sprinkle some powdered sugar on top when the brownies have cooled. 
 I just made some this weekend and I think I gained a couple of pounds.  Oh well...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment