Friday, October 2, 2015

current tieks collection - still my favorite travel shoes ever!



My love for tieks continues.  They are literally my most comfortable and stylish shoes for travel (as well as for putzing around day to day).  I got my first pair (the yellow ones) over a year ago for a trip to Italy and they worked wonderfully.  Then I got the black ones as a birthday present and I've already worn them to Paris, Berlin, Tokyo and Kyoto - while averaging 9 miles of walking a day!  I couldn't resist and got the pretty metallic ones.  They still haven't traveled with me yet, but that will soon change when I take them with me to New Orleans.

The shoes are comfortable, light and fold up so they take up almost no space in my luggage.  For someone who hates checking in luggage, this is very very important.  They are also durable.  my yellow and black pairs have endured a LOT of walking and they show little sign of wear.

Tieks are not cheap.  Depending on the design, they range from $175 to $295.  However, they are well designed and made with really good leather.  I expect that all my tieks will last a long, long time.  

And I expect I will buy more.  yes, "taupe" tieks - I'm looking at you. 

If you want to read about my experience buying and breaking in my first pair of tieks - go here.

No comments:

Post a Comment