Wednesday, October 7, 2015

loving my new samantha thavasa deluxe bag (from takayashima in tokyo)

On a rainy day last month I was shopping in the Takayashima Department store in Tokyo (Shinjuku area) and I happened upon the cutest handbags by Samantha Thavasa.  I was not familiar with the brand but a quick google search revealed that it was a popular Japanese brand.  The main collection had  lots of girly pastel bags that were cute but not age-appropriate for me, but then I saw their "deluxe" collection and was immediately sucked in.  




I ended up getting a black crocodile leather mini tote that is perfect for both work and play.  It has three main compartments so I can easily fit my wallet, makeup, phone, keys and dayplanner.  (Yes, I still have an old-fashioned dayplanner because I like writing notes and making lists.)  There's also a slim, zippered pocket on the outside which would be good for valet/subway tickets and a phone (but I personally wouldn't squeeze my phone here in case it stretches the leather).  I can carry it on my arm or use the strap and carry it messenger-bag style.  It is not heavy so it's very user friendly.



They have a large assortment of charms with which to 'decorate' your bag.  I ended up getting a gold-toned one with crystal and pearl details.  The total for the bag and the charm (along with my Tax Free plus 5% discount card from Takayashima) came to about $380 USD.   (Shopping tip - If you are shopping in Takayashima in Japan, go to the customer service counter and show them your passport and you'll get a 5% discount card (with a Hello Kitty logo).  With the Tax Free discount, that is about 13% off almost everything in the store!)



I was actually eye-ing a new Balenciaga or LV bag, so I consider this purchase quite a bargain!   Is anyone else loving (or eye-ing) a new bag for Fall?



No comments:

Post a Comment